Thomas explains the installation of the Smart Track control system in the video. This is used on various Stellar kayaks.
All steps in the video
Thomas explains the individual installation steps in the video
All steps verbatim
- Insert the control unit into the receiving opening. Rotate counterclockwise about 100 degrees until the pin fully sinks. With this the unity is connected and fixed.
- Insert the cable brackets on the left and right, with the hole facing down. Thread the mounting rings through the openings.
- Guide cables (left and right) from behind through the openings until they protrude from the opening next to the seat.
- Thread the cable through the wall-side opening on the steering pedal. Continue 180 degrees at the back of the roll.
- Lead the cable between the steering pedal and the footrest forward and continue 180 degrees in front of the footrest and down.
- There is an opening at the end of the control bar. Pass the cable through here. A double knot prevents the rope from slipping back through the opening.
- Insert the cable in the direction of the control with a loop into the openings of the brackets and fix it with the small wedge inside the bracket. The wedge is fixed in position with the pins provided. Bend the pins apart at the bottom.
- Tie a knot at the end of the rudder cable. Lightly melt and seal the knot with a lighter. Insert the rope into the hole in the rudder blade.
- Thread the other end of the cable all the way through the openings in the control unit.
- Insert the control blade into the control unit. The broader side of the blade points in the direction of the kayak. Push the bolt in the guide all the way up.
- While the rudder is now visible, the mounting bolt on the side with the 6 holes is pushed through the opening. With a turn to the right, a tension builds up that holds the rudder in the unfolded position. There are 2 elevations on the bolt, which can be accommodated in the holes in the control unit by applying further pressure.
- On the other side of the unit, insert the metal clip through the stud to the end and fold over. This secures the control blade in the unfolded position and folds up by pulling on the control cable.
- Guide the control cable through the openings in the deck fitting to the seat.
- Fasten the cable clamp to the kayak with masking tape and use a wood drill to drill through the openings and the kayak. Fasten the cable clamp with screws and nuts.
- Shorten the rope to a length that is comfortable to operate the rudder. Seal the end of the rope and thread it through the ball handle. Fix with a knot and close the ball with the stopper.